Sugarloaf Point Light, also known as Seal Rocks Lighthouse, is located on a prominent cape (Sugarloaf Point), about 3 kilometers (1.9 mi) southeast of Seal Rocks, New South Wales, Australia (32° 26' 3"S 152° 32' 4"E). The light station was designed by James Barnett and first lit on December 1, 1875.The 15 m (49 ft) round cylindrical brick tower has two stories divided by a concrete floor, the fuel store being located in the ground level. An outside bluestone stairway reaches this floor, followed by internal iron stairs. The original first order Fresnel lens provides a flash with a range of 25 nautical miles (46 km). In June 1966, the lighthouse was converted to electricity and automated in 1987.