The Amrum lighthouse is located in the southern part of the German island of Amrum, North Sea coast, very close to the Danish borderline (54°37′52.24″N 8°21′16.91″E). Built on a high dune, the red/white tower is 41.8 meters tall and its light reaches about 23.3 nautical miles. Constructions were taken up in 1873 and finished in November 1874. The Amrum Lighthouse was officially activated on January 1, 1875 and was the first German lighthouse to be erected in Nordfriesland. In 1936, the lantern was electrified and the tower got its red-white painting only in 1952, before that it was brown. The last keeper left the lighthouse in 1984 when it had become automated.Germany has issued a set of lighthouse stamps depicting the diversity of German Leuchttürme since 2004. The envelope presents two lighthouses of the northeastern Baltic coast in the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The Greifswalder Oie Lighthouse is located on the small and tiny island of the same name and was first lit on October 1, 1855. The 39 m (128 ft) octagonal red brick tower and its 2-story square keeper's house illustrate the stamp issued on July 8, 2004.
Warnemünde Lighthouse is situated in a public square in downtown Warnemünde, on the estuary of the Warnow River. The 31 m (102 ft) round gray brick tower was first lit on October 18, 1898 and it can be climbed by tourists nowadays. The 45¢ stamp was released on July 3, 2008.