The Stilo Lighthouse is located atop a hill (45 m above sea level) about 800 m (1/2 mi) from the seashore, not far from the hamlet of Stilo, and 7 km (4.5 mi) east of Łeba, on the Baltic coast of Poland. The 33.5 m (110 ft) 16-sided cast iron tower was built in 1904 by German engineers and put into operation in 1906. The tricolored lighthouse is attached to a 3-story brick keeper's house and 1-story brick generator and equipment house. The ten storeys of the tower are reached by means of a right-hand spiral staircase (122 steps) and three mobile phone antennae were installed in the lower gallery in April 2000. This beautiful cast iron lighthouse survived both world wars almost intact and looks today, after some repairs and conservation work, much as it did when it was built.
Polish Post issued on May 29th, 2006 four lighthouse stamps and the postcard brings two of them: the lighthouse in Stilo, and the lighthouse in Krynica Morska.