The Lighthouse of Ploumanac'h is located on a rocky promontory at the northeastern entrance to the harbour of Ploumanac'h, town of Perros-Guirec, in northern Brittany, France. The first lighthouse was established in 1860 but it was destroyed during the World War II in 1944. The current lighthouse was built in 1948: a 15m (49 ft) medieval-style square pink granite tower with castellated gallery and a small lantern. The official name Lighthouse Mean Ruz was born into a cacography expression Breton Men Ruz, meaning pink granite. La Côte de Granite Rose (Pink Granite Coast) is a stretch of coastline with unusually pink sands and water-sculpted rocks.