Italian Post issued on March 20, 2010 two stamps in the “Made in Italy” regular series, dedicated to Alfa Romeo on the centenary of its foundation. The stamps feature, respectively, the first car built by Alfa Romeo, the “24 HP 1910”, and the new Giulietta model, inspired by the car produced in the 1950s. They are designed to represent the journey from the past to the present, and both illustrations also feature the logo of the centenary of Alfa Romeo. The tab, placed between the two stamps, shows the Alfa Romeo crest, the logo of the centenary and the two car models, just visible in the background.
The lighthouse was restored by the Provincia di Genova between 1995 and 2004. Visitors are allowed to climb 172 steps to the first gallery, which is 36 m (118 ft) above the foot of the tower and 76 m (249 ft) above the water. A museum has been built nearby in part of the Savoy fortifications that surround the tower. Here it is possible to see lamps, lenses and other lighthouse-related objects. Thank you, Carla.