The Newport Harbor Light (also known as the Goat Island Light) is located on north end of Goat Island, which is part of the city of Newport, Rhode Island, in Narragansett Bay. The first lighthouse on Goat Island at the entrance to Newport Harbor was built in 1823, but the tower was relocated to Prudence Island in 1851, where it still operates today. The current light was constructed in 1842 a few yards off the coast of Goat Island and was connected to the island by a narrow dike. Automated in 1963, the 35 ft (10.5 m) octagonal granite tower remains an active aid to mariners and recreational boaters with its continuous green light. In 1988, the light was added to the National Register of Historic Places and in 2000 the Coast Guard leased the light to the American Lighthouse Foundation. ALF organized the Friends of Newport Harbor Light, and in 2006 an initial restoration of the lighthouse was completed.
On June 28, 2009, US Postal Service issued a 98–cent definitive stamp, in the Scenic American Landscapes series, featuring a view of the Snake River at dawn in the Grand Teton National Park. Located in northwestern Wyoming, Grand Teton National Park preserves a spectacular landscape rich with majestic mountains, pristine lakes and extraordinary wildlife. The abrupt vertical rise of the jagged Teton Range (the Grand Teton, at 4,197 m, is the tallest mountain) contrasts with the horizontal sage-covered valley and glacial lakes at their base, creating a scenery that attracts nearly four million visitors per year.