Penmarc'h is a town (around 7,500 inhabitants) in Finistère department, in Bretagne in north-western France. Le Phare d'Eckmühl (the Eckmühl's lighthouse) is a 213 ft (65 m) high lighthouse found in the small village of Penmarch inaugurated in 1897 by Adélaïde-Louise Davout ,the Marquise of Blocqueville, who dedicated it to her father, the general Louis Nicolas Davout, who was the prince of Eckmühl.
The square granite tower has a climb of 307 steps to the octagonal lantern house and its light can be seen from 49 nautical miles (91 km) and still functions.
The lighthouse of Eckmühl is placed at the Penmarch Cap (Pointe de Penmarch) nearby the two older lighthouse towers: the 40 m (131 ft) round stone tower, rising from the center of a 2-story stone keeper's house (inactive since 1897) and the approx. 15 m (49 ft) square stone tower with castellated top, now partially in ruins. This older tower built in 1831 stands next the white square 3-story signal station on the postcard's left corner.