1) issued on October 8th, 2009 the 45¢ stamp depicts the painting “Still Life with cheese and cherries” of the German painter Georg Flegel; 2) issued on September 3rd, 2009 the 55¢ stamp represents a sea of black-red-gold flags celebrating 19years after German reunification; 3) the first 2010 German stamp celebrates the bicentenary of the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin (Berlin Museum of Natural History). The 45¢ stamp brings a dinosaur skeleton (Brachiosaurus brancai) and animals representing biodiversity; 4)the German wildlife protection group, Schutzgemeinschaft Deutsches Wild, has chosen the badger as “the animal of 2010”. At the same time, the Deutsch Post issued on November 12, 2009 a 55¢ stamp, which shows the striking black and white head of the badger, with the words "Pet of the year 2010”. 5) the 20¢ flower stamp (issued in 2007) depicts the French marigold (Tagetes patula), a species in the daisy family (Asteraceae).
The lighthouse of Westerheversand is situated on the German North Sea coast in the northern part of the peninsula of Eiderstedt. Construction of the lighthouse began in 1906 and the light was finally lit for the first time in 1908. The 40m (131 ft) round cast iron tower is painted with red and white horizontal bands; lantern, watch room, and galleries painted black. It is flanked to either side by two keeper's cottages. Its light has a range of 21 nautical miles. This beautiful tower is one of the best-known lighthouses of the German North Sea coast. It is such a popular site for weddings that one of the keeper's cottages is a registrar's office; the other is a national park office.
The Roter Sand lighthouse is located in the North Sea off the entrance to the Weser, about 10 km east of Wangerooge. This is one of the world's great waveswept lighthouses and the construction of the tower posed enormous difficulties; the first attempt failed when a storm overturned the incomplete caisson in October 1881. The 28 m (92 ft) round cast iron, brick lined tower painted with red and white horizontal bands was inaugurated in 1885. The light was downgraded in 1964, when Alte Weser took over its function as the landfall light for Bremerhaven and the light was finally deactivated in 1986. Since 1999, after a large restoration, the tower has been open for day tours and overnight stays.
Cape Arkona is the most prominent and dangerous cape on Germany's Baltic coast, located on the island of Rügen in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. The lighthouse Arkona was designed by the famous building master of the classicism, Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and inaugurated in 1828. The 21 m (69 ft) square 3-stage brick tower became inactive in 1902, when the new tower was built side by side. The 35m (115ft) conical brick tower with double gallery is still active. The original tower was restored in 1993 houses a maritime and historical museum. The lighthouse also includes a registrar's office and is available for weddings.