Croatian Post issued on September 14th, 2007 a set of three stamps presenting lighthouses along Croatia's crystal-clear Adriatic coastline. Some of them close to 200 years old, but all still working. Savudrija is the oldest Croatian lighthouse built in 1818 on the cape Bašanija near Savudrija. It is the most northern Croatian lighthouse, situated right next to Slovenian border and only 56 km south of Italian town Trieste. It is 36 meters high and the light signal of this lighthouse spreads to the distance of 17 nautical miles (32 km). Situated a nautical mile southwest of the southern cape of Istria, Porer is actually a round-shaped rock 80 m in width, in the middle of which there is a rounded stone tower 35 m high that was built in 1833. The islet is situated 2.5 km from the mainland and the small town of Premantura. Sveti Ivan na pučini (St. John out in the sea) lighthouse is on an islet of irregular shape, built in the year 1853, with the surface of 70 x 50 meters, situated in the middle of the western coast of the Istrian peninsula in front of Rovinj. The lighthouse tower is 23 meters in height.
Croatia repeated the lighthouse thematic in 2008 with more three Adriatic lighthouses. Located at the western side of the resort island of Brijuni, about 7 km west of Pula, Pinida lighthouse is a 15 m (49 ft) square cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery, rising from the seaward side of a 2-story keeper's house. Vnetak lighthouse is a 13 m (43 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, attached to the front of a 1-story masonry keeper's house. The lighthouse is located on the Unije Island. Zaglav lighthouse is located on a small island off the west coast of Cres near Pernat. It is a 15 m (49 ft) square tower with lantern and gallery, centered on the roof of a 2-story masonry keeper's house.