Belgium Post Office issued in 2006 a nice set of four lighthouses (phares) stamps.The first brick lighthouse on the European continent was built in Nieuwpoort in 1284, but it did not endure the two world conflicts of the twentieth century. The lighthouse keeper who took the in 1963 and was never replaced.The Blankenberge lighthouse is probably the best well known among the general public. it was built at the end of the promenade dike in 1954. Together with the Nieuwpoort and Oostende structures, this 32.5-metre-high lighthouse, whose beacon can be seen 20 sea miles away, was built to replace the lighthouse blown up by the Germans at the end of the Second World War. The last keeper left in 1970 and his former home has been turned into a maritime museum.Lighthouse Lange Nelle (Tall Nelly) in Ostend, 65 meters in height and with a range of 27 sea miles, was built in 1949. The striking blue-white tower has a modern, imposing appearance. it is built of concrete and switched from gas to electricity in 1953. A mechanism with weights is used as a backup during power cuts. The lighthouse tower was completely restored in 1994.Lighthouse Hoog Licht (High light) in Heist was Belgium's first all-concrete building when it was constructed in 1907. Located behind the dunes, this 30.5-m-high structure is visible from 11 sea miles distance. With the expansion of Zeebrugge harbor in 1970 the lighthouse lost its function, as the light was extinguished for good. Listed as a monument, this lighthouse was completely restored in 2003-2004. Thank you Thomas for the cover and these mint stamps.