Thursday, 4 September 2008

"BLIND ON STAMPS" COLLECTION

Here is a sample of my most recent thematic collection: blind on stamps. A rich theme where we can find, for instance, Louis Braille, the French man who devised the Braille system. In 2009 we will celebrate the 200th anniversary of his birth and postal services worldwide will certainly issue commemorative stamps on that date. Guide dogs, oftalmology, causes and prevention of blindness, famous blind persons and many other subject areas compose my collection. I collect mint stamps, FDC, miniature sheet...everything about this theme.

2 comments:

Eric from Jura said...

Hi Luis,
I've received today your nice cover from Brazil with the "Serra do Japi" miniature sheet. Many thanks !
You're right, France for example, will issue a commemorative stamp dedicated to Louis Braille in 2009. I'll send it to you as soon as it will be issued.
For the moment, I'll send you soon a special cover with French lighthouses stamps.
greetings from France
Eric

nillastuckey said...

Hi Luis,
we share the same interest. If you want to see some of our collection,check out our home page www.blindianastamps.com

Greetings from
Nilla & Ken